About Kisawa Sanctuary
Kisawa Sanctuary is a new standard in luxury hospitality, pairing cultural celebration and environmental conservation on Benguerra Island, Mozambique. Kisawa invites guests to discover their own rhythm, in a spectacular natural setting.
Eleven bespoke Residences are carefully positioned over a 300-hectare stretch of forest, beach and sand dunes, ensuring optimum privacy, minimum disturbance and maximum appreciation of the natural environment. Skirting the coastline of the southern point of Benguerra Island, each Residence has its own beachfront, private swimming pool and day area – with an outdoor kitchen, dedicated service team and a pantry stocked to individual preference.
Kisawa’s mission is to blend wilderness and service together, carefully and comfortably.
Guest experience rates
All Residences are available on the Cove or Ocean side of the island, to best suit individual preference.
For complete rate sheet with inclusions and terms and conditions please click here
Check in Time
Kisawa welcomes guests from 14.00
Check out time is 11.00
Kisawa will be as flexible as possible with guest’s requests.
In the event of a no-show (i.e. if you neither use nor cancel your reservation), a fee equivalent to the value of the entire stay will be charged. All fees and penalties are inclusive of taxes.
Early departures or cancellations due to inclement weather conditions are fully chargeable.
Kisawa accept all three major credit cards, AMEX, Master & Visa
Wire transfer details
Available on request to email@example.com
In order to preserve the brand consistency and exclusivity, should you wish to feature Kisawa in your brochure, website or any other communication material, sample copies of the layout or feature must be sent to Kisawa Sanctuary for proofreading and approval before publishing or release.
Arrival by helicopter
- Kisawa offers seamless, shared helicopter transfers from Vilankulo Airport (VNX) to the Kisawa helipad
- After touching down in Vilankulo, a Kisawa airport host will meet and assist guests through immigration – as well as assist guests with luggage through the transfer process
- All return Vilankulos airport (VNX) group transfers by helicopter are at an additional charge of €450 EUR per person, including service and taxes.
- For stays of 7 nights or more, the return group helicopter transfer to the Kisawa helipad from Vilankulo airport (VNX) is complimentary.
Commonly asked questions about the helicopter transfer:
What is the helicopter flight time?
It is 7 mins From Vilankulo (VNX) to the Kisawa helipad .
Is the helicopter transfer private?
The helicopter transfer is shared. For private transfers, all 4 x seats are required to be booked for a total of 1800 EUR return, one week prior to arrival.
What are the baggage weight restrictions?
Baggage weight is restricted to 15kg per person (20kg if soft), including hand luggage. Should the baggage exceed the restrictions, a prior arrangement must be made with Kisawa before the departure of the flight. (Additional charges may apply).
Can my infant travel with me on the helicopter?
Children below 2 years are able to travel, secured on the lap of the parents free of charge. From 2 years onwards, children must use seats and pay as adult passengers.
What happens if my party is bigger than 4 guests?
The same helicopter will do two or more journeys.
What is the make of the helicopter?
It is an EC 1208, seats 4 x passengers and operates with 1 engine.
About our Residence Design
- Kisawa is a happy pairing of innovation and tradition. Considered design has involved artisans from Benguerra and neighbouring islands merged with patented 3D printing technology used in construction materials across the sanctuary.
- Kisawa has used design as a tool not as a style, to ensure the guest experience is integrated, culturally and environmentally to Mozambique. Kisawa has studied the local vernacular, its materials and techniques, making the best use of local craftsmanship and what is available in sustainable supply
- Each Residence has been individually furnished, with a bespoke interior and colour palette featuring predominantly custom designed and African made furniture
- The feeling of privacy is achieved through distance and volume; high ceilings and abundant private deck space, connecting day areas and personal pools that are not in view of neighbouring bungalows
- Each Residence has its own dedicated service team and housekeeper. Plus dedicated mini mokes.
Kisawa Sanctuary Residences
Total size, including interior spaces, deck space + outdoor day areas and pool
- 6 x One-Bedroom Residences – 541m2 on a 1-acre plot
- 1 x One-Bedroom Residence with Child Annex – 642m2 on a 1.25 acre plot
- 2 x Two-Bedroom Residences – 1067m2 on a 1.75-acre plot
- 1 x Three-Bedroom Residences – 1700m2 on a 2.5-acre plot
- 1 x Kisawa Residence – 1067m2 on a 2.25-acre plot
Exclusive Kisawa Hosting
For larger parties, special events or to ensure more complete privacy, Kisawa is available for customised Residence buyout bookings. Our reservation team will work with you on several configurations, including:
- The Cove Residences – all seven cove side Residences/12 bedrooms
- The Cove Residences plus Kisawa Residence – full Cove side – eight Residences/14 bedrooms
- Ocean Residences – all three ocean side Residences/3 bedrooms
- Entire Sanctuary – All eleven Residences/17 bedrooms
Please contact us directly for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience a team of dedicated food enthusiasts carefully trained to adjust to guest’s 24/7 needs. Across four dining venues, two bars and multiple on-location culinary experiences, at Kisawa, cuisine is focused around local produce and personalisation.
Our culinary experiences include:
- The Cove Mussassa – a relaxed, outdoor beach cafe with an emphasis towards laid back dining, Mediterranean flavours and plates designed to be shared. Open all day and night
- The Ocean Mussassa – our shoreline hugging beach bar, specialising in crudo and ceviche for lunch into the afternoon.
- The Main Terrace – the extended living room, offering refined global cuisine throughout the day.
- The Baracca – serving Mozambican dishes with homegrown flavours, this secluded part of the sanctuary enjoys spectacular sunset views
- A customised Pizza Tuk Tuk offering fresh oven pizza, for lunch and dinner
- On location dining on sand dunes, beachside or personalised picnics
- Curated in-Residence dining service, prepared by chefs available on call 24/7
At Kisawa, wellness is more than a treatment list – it’s our underlying philosophy.
Kisawa’s spa specialises in integrated medicine, housed in the Natural Wellness Centre. The architecture is inspired by the island’s thatched houses and community buildings. Offerings are centred on achieving wellbeing through unity of mind, body and spirit..
Yoga and meditation can be practised from sunrise to sunset throughout the property and privately in Residence. Guests can also keep fit at the fully equipped and air conditioned Gym adjacent the to the Natural Wellness Center.
Kisawa’s 25 meter central Lagoon Pool is closely connected to the Natural Wellness Center ensuring guests can either swim laps or relax pool side post treatment or after a day of water activities at the nearby Sports Locker.
Dodeca Reservations FZ-LLC, Floor 1, Building 12, Dubai Internet City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Email : email@example.com
Phone : + 971 4 875 2323
On behalf of Kisawa Sanctuary we look forward to welcoming you.
Residence and design photography shot by Elsa Young. Select beach imagery shot by Andrea Ferrari.