August: We are lucky to have the Kisawa & BCSS team photograph and share the plethora of wildlife they observe in their daily travel around our 300 hectares of sanctuary and throughout Benguerra Island at large.
This is a constant reminder of the spectacular surrounding environment and the important role we play in protecting and preserving it through all our actions.
Please enjoy our August gallery, showing only a fraction of the species spotted lately by our team members & budding in-house photographers.
1. Crowned Hornbill – Cedrick, HR team
2. Lilac-Breasted Roller – Cedrick, HR team
3. Eastern Golden Weaver – Cedrick, HR team
4. Squirrel Fish – Orlando Miranda + Salvador Colvee, visiting photographers & reptile specialists
5. Crab – Orlando Miranda + Salvador Colvee, visiting photographers & reptile specialists
7. Green Turtle – Orlando Miranda + Salvador Colvee, Salvador Colvee and BCSS chief scientist, Mario Lebrato
Helen Walne gets up close & personal with the Benguerra seascape in our first Island ResidencyRead more
Celebrating the exciting animal families commonly encountered in the Bazaruto ArchipelagoRead more
A September soundtrack to nourish underwater appreciation, all year long.Read more
The Indian Ocean becomes the starRead more
This month's 'best captures' of the wildlife surrounding the sanctuaryRead more
So far, it has been an incredible whale seasonRead more